Renaud García-Fons five strings double bass
1. Molto enrollado (Bulerias) 5'15"
2. Palabras de ensueño (Malagueña) 7'47"
3. Entre las rosas (Guajiras) 3'32"
4. En el crisol de la noche (Soleà) 6'21"
5. Mar y rayo (Garrotin y Livianas) 9'05"
6. Como sueño infantil (Siguirilla) 4'39"
7. El rio os espera (Tangos) 9'12"
8. La promesa del alba (Rondeña) 8'36"
9. Amanecer 3'09"
Recorded @ Studio Dorantes, Sévilla - Spain
Mixad @ Studio Arcoluz, Villemomble - France
RENAUD GARCIA-FONS & DORANTES - PASEO A DOS
E-MOTIVE RECORDS / L'AUTRE DISTRIBUTION
Release October 16th, 2015
Paseo a dos, a virtuoso album travelling from jazz to flamenco
If you get out of the paths on which everyone walks, you necessarily end up by arriving where nobody else has stepped. You can also meet fellow travelers, virtuoso alchemists animated by the same desire to sublimate their art.
Renaud Garcia Fons and Dorantes are both of this kind ; inevitable, their meeting was transcendent and it is a huge privilege to witness this. A music born under the sun, imbued with the whole heritage of flamenco, generous range of rhythmic atmospheres, evocative melodies, that carries with it the impetuosity of the torrent and the serenity of the great river.
Power and sensuality, pure emotions distilled with panache by this duet, running out of the standards.
Michel Perrier - www.jazzrhonealpes.com